The Enrolment Process
How to apply
We are delighted that you are considering a Wenona education for your daughter. Wenona accepts applications any time from birth.
- Girls may enter Wenona in Kindergarten, Year 3, Year 5, or Year 7. Vacancies in other non-intake years are offered as they occur. Boarding is available from Years 7 to 12 with intakes in each year group according to availability. Boarding places are offered two years in advance for Year 7 and for other years when available.
- Complete and submit an online Application for Enrolment form. A separate application form must be completed for each child. The application form must be accompanied by a reference, copy of birth certificate and payment of the non-refundable application fee (currently $300 per applicant).
- The School will confirm receipt of your application.
- Your daughter’s name will be placed onto the Wait List for the year of entry you are seeking, according to date of application and enrolment priority. All applicants’ names go onto Wait Lists until two years prior to entry, when the enrolment process commences.
- Please read Wenona’s Application Conditions (PDF 101KB) for further information.
Offer of a Place
- Two years before the proposed year of entry, the School will conduct an information session, giving families the opportunity to tour the School, meet staff and current students.
- Following the information session, and pending availability of places, girls may be invited to attend an interview, after which a place may be offered in writing.
- To accept an offer of place, parents must sign and return the Acceptance of Offer of Place form, together with the non-refundable and non-transferable Enrolment Confirmation Fee, by the required date.
- If Wenona is unable to offer a girl a position at a particular point of entry, the family is contacted by mail and given the opportunity to amend the girl’s future point of entry. If this option is chosen, the girl’s name is place on the chosen Wait List according to her original date of application.
- There is automatic progression from Wenona Junior School to Year 7.
The following non-refundable and non-transferable fees apply to each student and are not credited towards tuition fees:
- Application fee of $300, payable when application is made
- Enrolment Confirmation fee of $3,000, payable when a place is offered to confirm the place
- It is essential that at all times the Enrolments Office is kept updated with each family member’s contact details because if at any stage of the enrolment process we cannot contact the family, we will be unable to further progress this application, and the application will be cancelled.
- Any change of address details or a request for a change of entry year must come to the Enrolments Office in writing by letter or email.